Senior Mobile Application Developer - React Native
Location: Staines (TW18 3DZ) or Manchester (M50 3SP)
Flexible / Hybrid working (1 day a week in office)
Permanent 37.5 hours per week
Salary range: £57,400 - £71,800 plus fantastic company benefits
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
At Bupa, we’re passionate about technology. With colleagues, customers, patients and residents in mind you’ll have the opportunity to work on innovative projects and make a real impact on their lives.
Right from the start you’ll become part of our digital strategy, joining us on our journey and developing yourself along the way.
The Senior Mobile Application developer will be a key part of the newly formed mobile development capability within the Digital platform at Bupa. The role requires an expert in their field with strong proven experience of React Native and Mobile development. Solid knowledge of the end to end mobile development lifecycle, allowing them to define and implement the core development and delivery processes and procedures required for this development area.
The job holder will have in-depth knowledge of their technical domain allowing them to lead technical analysis, specification, estimation, development, implementation, and support of mobile software solutions. Working with business users, third parties, and other colleagues to offer direction and guidance, whilst owning and driving development and test strategies and propose new directions and avenues to expand current capabilities.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the development of new or existing mobile applications and solutions in line with application designs, development standards, methodologies and strategic architecture frameworks.
- Provide input to solution design teams and product owners with regards to technical breakdown of applications, impact analysis and validation of proposed solutions.
- Have an ability to identify problems prior to development and present solutions to combat issues as they arise throughout the lifespan of a project.
- Evaluate existing products and solutions to propose practical improvements; taking ownership and working with colleagues and business owners to implement changes.
- Drive improvements to development practices and technical documentation.
- Investigate and propose the establishment of new technologies and methodologies that can improve development practices and products.
- Takes ownership for resolving domain specific related problems, which directly or indirectly impact on operational services or development activities.
- Manage release activities and change control alongside release and support teams.
- Become the specialist point of contact for technical and domain specific queries with your technical domain.
What you’ll bring:
- Experience of developing mobile applications against multiple platforms and both corporate and consumer.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the full end to end mobile development lifecycle, include experience deploying in Android and IOS ecosystems, tools and processes.
- Strong and proven development experience in React Native (Essential), C# and .Net with flutter and other mobile experience is beneficial
- Migration experience of moving mobile tech from Xamarin to React Native
- Understanding of alternate mobile development frameworks and techniques, native mobile development on both IOS and Android platforms.
- Experience of Microsoft App Centre and of deployment processes to mobile app stores.
- Strong infrastructure experience of servers, WAF, Firewall Estate
- Experience of working in Azure DevOps alongside mixed teams including contractors and outsourced vendors
- Solid communication skills from developer to business stakeholders and working in agile delivery methods
- Knowledge of unit test methodologies.
- Familiarity with development processes (TDD, BDD).
- Integration of APIs and identity providers.
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically.
As a Senior Mobile Application Developer you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- An enhanced pension plan and life insurance
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Onsite gyms or local discounts where no onsite gym available
- Various other benefits and online discounts
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated regardless of disability or circumstance. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you've been.
This is where you're going.
This is what we have belief in.