Security Dev Ops Engineer
£65,000 to £75,000 plus excellent benefits (Work Level 5)
Manchester city centre (hybrid working)
We’re looking for a Security Dev Ops Engineer to join us in Manchester to help integrate security practices into the software development process; making sure our applications are secure and reliable. In this role you’ll work in a hybrid way – splitting your time between home and the office.
Working closely with our development and operations teams, you’ll spot potential security risks and vulnerabilities and implement the right solutions. We’ll look to you to help promote a secure development culture across Co-op, making sure we’re always improving our security practices.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with our development and operations teams to integrate security best-practices into the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Conduct security assessments and code reviews to identify and resolve potential risks and vulnerabilities in applications and systems
- Implement and maintain security tools for continuous monitoring and testing
- Support colleagues with responding to and solving security-related issues
- Deliver appropriate training and workshops to colleagues; helping to promote a security-conscious culture across Co-op
This role would suit people who have
- Experience in a software development, systems administration or security role
- A strong understanding of secure coding practices and common software vulnerabilities (e.g. OWASP Top 10)
- Good communication skills, with the ability to translate often complex language to a non-technical audience
- Familiarity with modern software development methodologies (e.g. Agile and DevOps)
- Familiarity with cloud security concepts and practices (e.g. AWS and Azure)
If you’ve got the skills and experience we’re looking for, we can offer you a competitive salary and great benefits package which includes 30% off Co-op branded products in our food stores (as well as other discounts on Co-op products and services). You’ll also get:
- Private healthcare
- An annual bonus (based on personal and business performance)
- 28 days holiday (rising to 32 with service) plus bank holidays
- A pension with up to 10% employer contributions
- Access to a subsidised onsite gym (at our Manchester HQ)
- Coaching and training to support your career development
- Wagestream – a money management app that gives you access to a percentage of your pay as you earn it
- YuLife – an app that rewards you for exercising with discounts and vouchers for your favourite brands
Building an inclusive work environment
At Co-op, we’re proud to do things a different way. As one of the world’s largest co-operatives, owned by millions of members, community is at the heart of what we do. Since our Co-op was founded in 1844, we’ve had a clear social purpose, and everything we do as a business helps to build a fairer world for our members, customers, colleagues, and communities.
We’re actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone. If you have a disability, we can make reasonable adjustments to our recruitment process according to your needs. We're also part of the Disability Confident scheme, meaning we'll always offer an interview to disabled candidates who apply through the scheme if they meet the minimum criteria for a job.
We'll ask whether you’d like to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme when you apply.
If we invite you to take part in the recruitment process for any of our jobs, we’ll ask you if you need any reasonable adjustments to enable you to participate.
You can find out more about our recruitment process at jobs.coop.co.uk/apply-process.
You can find out more about the Disability Confident scheme and all our commitments to diversity and inclusion at colleagues.coop.co.uk/diversity-inclusion-and-wellbeing.
Please be aware that we may close applications for this role early